We had earlier reported that Blackface confirmed that he would be suing both 2Face and his manager, Efe Omorogbe, as all efforts to get them in a room together proved futile.
According to the Erima singer, 2Face and his manager had it all planned out.
While Jaguda.com reached out to 2Face’s manager, Efe, he highlighted that there was nothing to talk about as he had trashed the issue sometimes back.
In his words; I addressed this subject on Feb. 3, 2016. I have nothing new to add…because I have heard nothing new from Blackface.
- 2Baba and Blackface do have a bunch of songs they co-wrote in their days as Plantashun Boiz.
- Both artistes have collectively and individually recorded and commercially released materials from this collection.
- 2Baba has always given Blackface (Austin Ahmedu) co-writing credit every time he recorded any song that has Blackface’s input – No matter how minimal.
- Blackface has neither given 2Baba (Innocent Idibia) co-writing credit nor sought “permission” to record any of the materials they jointly authored.
- Blackface has earned royalties off his shared publishing rights for about a decade.
- A huge chunk of income he has made derives from royalties earned by the commercial exploitation of the successesful materials performed/recorded by 2Baba.
- 2Baba did not and couldn’t have stolen “Let Somebody Love You” from Blackface. The song was released about 2 years ago. Blackface complained about his name being misspelt on the CD sleeve and we personally apologised to him.
- Yes. Blackface contributed to the writing of the first verse of the song. The second verse was entirely 2Baba. Bridget Kelly wrote her verse and Efe Omorogbe wrote the outro verse.
- Efe Omorogbe is not 2Baba’s manager on “Let Somebody Love You” but a co-writer.
- The outro verse was lifted from the song “How?” written in 1997 and recorded in 1999 at Dolphin studios, Surulere. Blackface didn’t write that bit. Couldn’t have written that bit. Blackface cannot in 2016, touch Efe Omorogbe’s writing from 1997.
- Blackface should be honoured to have shared co-writing credit with 2Baba. I am. For each and every song we have collaborated on.
- Blackface should be grateful 2Baba recorded their co-authored materials to ensure a lifetime of royalty income for him.
- Blackface should record and release his own version of “Let Somebody Love You” and keep 100% publishing on that version. Oops! 2Baba will still be entitled to a share.
- Blackface is not in 2Baba’s league as a songwriter. Their post-Plantashun Boiz’ catalogs speak for themselves.
- Blackface should go to court to seek redress if he indeed believes he has a case.
- Blackface should know that nobody ever secured a court judgement via a twitter rant or media tour.
- Blackface must have realised by now that the unfortunate tirade has not made “Killa” a hit. At least, not at the moment.
We grind our way to the results we seek bro. Just HARDwork. No short